It’s that time of year… time to reflect… and set better goals. Yup, I said “better”. Why? Because there were a lot of great things that happen in 2014, but this is just a chapter in the highlight reel of life.
Before I step forward here’s my year in review. This is my vision board (a little more than a year ag0).
Why these things-
“At first they’ll ask why you’re doing it, but later they’ll ask you how you did it” – I wanted to do my Prep and live my life in the most healthy and “balanced” way. I love competing but my passion is to help other reach their goals. (I joked with a friend that I want to be the Lorne Michaels of fitness… if you don’t know who Lorne Michaels is… we can’t be friends 🙂 )
There’s so much “stuff” out there that can turn people away from fitness/ competing. I put myself through the process, got more education, and learned first hand the does and don’t so that I could then teach other… so they could have the best experience that they chose to.
2. I wanted to have 40 clients… I didn’t realize that my business would grow the way it did. My online business has grown more that I ever thought. I am very thankful that I get to help people all over the U.S. and even in OOOOH Canada! 🙂 .
3. Do what you think you can’t.- In 2013 I squatted 225 lbs… at 115 lbs. I thought I would be crushed! But it happened… and it gave me steam into 2014… my “do what you think you can’t” was starting this blog this year. It was something that I kept telling myself:
-You can’t spell and you have no idea where you should put a ,./…:; so on.
-What do you really have to say?
– … you just got lucky a couple times.
…so on… ya I doubted myself ALOT… it’s a battle I work on everyday, but it does get easier the more I know WHO I am and what my place in this world is. How did I overcome this… I read a few books and I love podcast! (message me for the list)
4. I wanted to start my .com . I wanted to be able to help more people… even if It’s not a paid session. These is the place I can do that.
5. I wanted to balance “clean eating” and “paleo” diet. I still don’t eat a lot of bread… but I do eat pizza (still gluten free mostly) but I don’t freak out if I have something here and there with gluten. (I don’t have an allergy I just keep very little in my diet).
6. Nathalia Melo Glutes- I know, I know I do not have her glutes… a girl can dream… BUT I have improved my glutes from 2013!
7. “Take time to live your life, will only inspire your work better”- In the past I have let work take over my life. I miss friends birthdays, family events, and become completely overwhelmed that I resented my job.
Last year I made it a point to join my friends at their birthday parties. I said no to clients on Sunday afternoons. I also made Wednesday my day with my Husband… which meant no work or emails. (I’m about 90% NO emails, text, or work… still a work in progress).
What I found from doing this is I’m not as burnt out and I enjoy the non-work life more because I made it a priority. With the limits on both the work and social I am able to enjoy both knowing there is a time for each.
Moving forward: 2015
Last year was about myself… and growth. I feel I have a firm foundation of who I am and what my goals are, so this year it’s time to build my SNL case 🙂
1. I want to buy a house in 2015. In this house I want a sunny office that I can do my online business.
2. Reach 1,000 followers to this blog. I know that is not a huge number but I’m not there yet so it’s step one! The goal is to use this blog as my hub for everything I do.
3. Help my Team Gemini member reach and crush their dreams… I want to create the Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Kristen Wiig of the fitness world. Strong females that know who they are and what they stand for. Also, that show the fitness world that you can be classy, fun, healthy, and sassy all together.
4. I am a big superhero geek. I think of my husband as Superman… now there is nothing wrong with Ms. Lane, but I do like to think I have some super strength Like Wonder Woman or Rogue. We would like to create our own little superhero this year. This is actually the other reason I started this blog, to help document my journey through a some day pregnancy and the crazy world of raising a baby Hulk. 🙂
5. Lastly, to make sure I keep a balanced life, I would like to schedule at least 1 trip. We have a very good friend that lives in Vegas. DUH of course we want to go to Vegas to get away from the Maine winter…. SOLD!
In closing, I encourage you to make your own vision board!
- Have it cover each “area” of your life.
- Make it clear and in living color (YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT….IN LIVING COLOR) sorry had to.
- Make it positive! No – NOs….
- Put it somewhere you will see it daily. This will help remind you what you are reaching for.
- Also check in with the vision. Are you on the right path?
- Nothing is to big or to small… each goal is a step in the right direction.
- Be flexibility with the time line… but not the goal.
Happy holidays! I hope you’re 2014 was amazing and that you are ready to step up to the next level in 2015!
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals” – Henry David Thoreau